The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, launched National Digital Health Mission on 27th September 2021. The pilot project was launched on 15th August 2021, aiming to lay the groundwork for a better digital healthcare infrastructure, leading to a better tomorrow. The germination of this project is a testament to the central government’s dedication to making the country safer and healthcare more efficient.
Data digitisation is paving the way for a single node of information that can benefit medical professionals and citizens of India who hold the National Digital Health Mission Health ID Card Approved by NDHM.GOV.IN. It facilitates better coordination, improves medical services offered by establishments in the country, and assists them in performing their duties seamlessly. Reviewing a lifetime of medical data with a single click is a leap toward a better future for this country.
Why Create Health ID Approved by HealthID.NDHM.GOV.IN?
This is a critical question to many citizens, and the answer lies in the health ID benefits. Here is why every citizen should have a Health ID Approved by HealthID.NDHM.GOV.IN.
- The paperless route is necessary for stepping into the digitized future, and your health ID is the first step to doing it. You have an alternative to the thick file of reports and prescriptions you have saved over the years to maintain a medical history. Your doctor can review your medical summary with the click of a button, and you need not carry all your reports every time you go for a consultation.
- One of the main benefits of this card is that the information of all doctors and healthcare providers is registered, and you have access to their details.
- It will be a single portable containing all your medical history, like treatment, hospital stays, visits, tests, prescriptions, etc.
- A medical practitioner can see your records anywhere in the country after you give consent and access using your ID card.
- The unique number allotted to every cardholder is required to unlock this card’s benefits. The card itself is like an Aadhar card and can be carried along with you.
What is National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)?
National Digital Health Mission aims to lay the foundation for sustainable and progressive healthcare in the future. This mission aims to identify and bridge the gaps between the prevalent conditions and the envisioned future. NDHM aims to ideate and bridge the gap between various stakeholders.
The National Health Authority is the government body to implement the program following its principal guidelines. NDHM aims to connect medical practitioners and patients to promote a well-planned healthcare structure.
Objectives of the National Digital Health Mission
To understand the intricacies of the foundation laid down by the National Digital Health Mission, it is essential to understand the objectives. Here are the main goals of NDHM –
- Establish and enhance the prevailing digital healthcare system that deals with sensitive digital healthcare data and infrastructure for absolute service exchange.
- Generate and manage international-grade health records of individuals with their sane consent. This will ensure a better data flow among patients, healthcare professionals, and service providers.
- Encourage digital health cards among all citizens, which will give access to a collection of credible data of medical workers, experts, healthcare establishments, clinics, pharmacies, and drugs.
- Promote open standards to adopt by national healthcare stakeholders. This will ensure careful handling and governing of sensitive medical information.
- Make healthcare services available in remote locations of the country by making them portable.
- Promotion of Clinical Decision Support Systems by healthcare professionals.
- Adoption and induction of cooperative federalism while tandem with states and union territories.
- Achieving Sustainable Development Goals by using enterprise-class health application systems.
- Co-exist with and synergize with the existing public digital infrastructure like PM Jan-Dhan Yojana.
- Reduce the dependency on paper processes by making payments, dissemination of information, identification of citizens and medical professionals, signatures, and other tangible components completely paperless.
Features of the National Digital Health Mission
The ideation of NDHM was followed by the moulding of salient features that were made to benefit citizens and the medical fraternity. The features of the National Digital Health Mission encompass all vital points and are as follows –
- After the generation of the HealthID, every citizen can access the mission’s facilities. The same can be done using the free app available in Play Store or the website. The same app or website will maintain the healthcare ID of a doctor.
- The digital health ID will be programmed to identify every citizen with a unique number and hold all information regarding the individual that can be classified as “health-related.” Every stakeholder, including citizens and healthcare professionals, shall participate in the system voluntarily.
- Health data managers will ensure that information sharing between cardholders and other stakeholders is carried out only after consent. An app or a website will extend this service.
- Digi doctors will be a part of this evolving digital healthcare system and extend services nationwide. They will provide prescriptions with a digital signature to a place away from their physical location.
Eligibility to create HealthID through NDHM.gov.in?
Every citizen of India is eligible to create HealthID through NDHM.gov.in.
Documents Required for National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)
The records required for NDHM are an Aadhar card and your contact number. You do not need offline documents; you can use these to apply for the health ID card.
Components of NDHM Ecosystem
NDHM is a well-rounded ecosystem designed to benefit the citizens of India in the best possible way. The components are effectuated to ensure that the objectives of NDHM are achieved flawlessly.
The components of the NDHM ecosystem are –
- A unique digital health ID card with a unique number integrated with individual records.
- An integrated personal health record incorporating all details of medical history.
- National electronic facilities registry to gain access to information regarding medical professionals and medical establishments.
- A digital health analytic platform to help you.
- The inclusion of tele-medicine.
- E-pharma and Digi-doctor assist you effectively in your location.
- Other horizontal components like – supply chain management for drugs and payment gateways.
What does NDHM stand for?
NDHM stands for National Digital Health Mission. It was an initiative launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, on 27th September 2021. The National Health Authority is the government body that has implemented the program throughout the country.
What is NDHM health id?
NDHM health ID is a unique ID that can be created online, granting the holder access to a long list of facilities. The ID has a 14-digit unique number you can use to manage your medical data and keep it updated at all times. The NDHM health ID has many benefits, and you can register for it online.
What is needed to register for NDHM health id?
You would need an Aadhar card to register for the NDHM health ID. You can use your Aadhar number if your mobile number is linked. In case it isn’t, you will have to apply using your driving license. You will need your current mobile number as the registration process requires you to verify your number by sending an OTP.
What is the use of the NDHM health card?
NDHM health card has many benefits. The main ones are to keep a digital record of all medical data, connect doctors with patients across the country, share data with medical professionals to ensure you don’t have to repeat your history, and many more. You can also use your NDHM health card to get a prescription online from a medical professional.
What is the NDHM scheme?
National Digital Health Mission was launched to link integrated healthcare systems connecting medical professionals with patients digitally. NDHM seeks to improve healthcare infrastructure by introducing digital alternatives to conventional methods.
Is NDHM health ID unique?
Yes, NDHM health ID is unique to every holder. It is a 14-digit number that gets generated and is available on your health ID card.
How to create a health id through NDHM.gov.in?
Start by visiting the portal NDHM.gov.in. Click on the “Create your Health ID card now” option and choose how you want to create it (using an Aadhar card or Driving License). A verification OTP will be sent to your mobile number, and you will get confirmed when you enter the same on the website. Once you have finished all formalities, you will be given a unique number and your health ID card.
What is the PHR address in NDHM?
A Personal Health Records address in NDHM is a self-declared username required to sign into a Health Information Exchange and Consent Manager. Each health ID number will require consent to get linked to a consent manager to enable data sharing.