Launched in 2021 by the Indian Government, ABHA, previously known as the Ayushman Bharat Health ID, is a step towards digitising the Indian healthcare sector. It aims to smoothen the process of availing quality healthcare services for all Indian citizens. ABHA card digitises all healthcare records, including past prescriptions, laboratory records, hospital reports, and numerous other documents. Registered users can use their unique health ID to share their past medical records with healthcare providers.
It will ensure people don’t have to bear the hassle of managing multiple healthcare documents manually, and doctors can ensure they get an accurate picture of the patient’s health condition. Through this scheme, the government wants to remove any friction that people, especially from rural areas, face while availing of quality healthcare services.
If you are new to the ABHA health card, it is a unique, digital health ID that can be generated using your Aadhar card, mobile number, or driving license. ABHA card features a 14-digit identification number unique to every individual. For better treatment, you can use this digital health ID to share your healthcare records, including diagnostic tests, laboratory reports, previous prescriptions, hospital records, etc. This health ID can benefit people who frequently travel to different cities for work.
Ayushman Bharat health card eliminates the need to maintain and carry physical healthcare documents to doctors, clinics, or other healthcare providers while seeking treatment. Although the government hasn’t made it mandatory to get an ABHA card, the various benefits attached to it make it worth getting one for yourself and your family. If you are sceptical about signing up for an ABDM health card, the following benefits will clear your doubts, helping you make the right decision.
- Registered users can digitally store their healthcare records using an ABHA card in a secure online platform at no cost.
- The health ID will make it easier to share all your previous healthcare documents with your doctor.
- Since the government looks over the scheme, you can be confident in the security of your records.
- ABHA card holders can access the Healthcare Professional Registry (HPR), which stores the contact details of all verified doctors practising throughout the country.
- ABHA cardholders also gain access to the Health Facility Registry (HFR), which contains a massive list of all private and government healthcare/medical facilities throughout India.
- ABHA card is ideal for people seeking all types of treatments, like Ayurveda, Unani, Yoga, Siddha, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Allopathy, etc.
- No one can access your stored healthcare details without your consent.
If these benefits have made you want to sign-up for an ABHA ID card, the following section will guide you on the different ways to apply for an ABHA card.
Apply For Abha Card From Aadhar Card
If you want to apply for an Aabha health card using your Aadhar card, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the website (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/) and select ‘Create ABHA Number’
- You will get two options: Using Aadhar and Using a Driving Licence. Choose the option ‘Using Aadhar.’
- Now click on next, and provide your Aadhar number.
- After you submit your Aadhar number, you will get an OTP on the mobile number linked to your Aadhar card.
- Enter the OTP to proceed.
- Enter your personal and basic details, and select a username and password to generate your ABHA account/card. Your ABHA card will be generated within a few seconds.
You can log in to the same website using the username and password you created and download the health ID for future use.
Apply For Abha Card From The Website
If you want to create your ABHA card using a website, you can use your Aadhar number or driving license. Since the steps related to the Aadhar card have already been covered above, let’s explore the steps to create an ABHA card using a driving license from the official website.
- Visit the official government website (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/) and choose ‘Create ABHA Number.’
- Choose the option ‘Using Driving License’ and click on the next button.
- Agree to the Consent collection and proceed with your mobile verification step.
- Enter the OTP received instantly on your registered mobile number and choose an option to verify your driving license.
- You will receive an enrolment number that you must take along to the registered government centre for verification purposes.
- Once your license has been verified, you can complete your profile and generate your ABHA number.
Once the ID is created, you can take the ABHA health card download from the same website.
Apply For Abha Card From Mobile Number
If you don’t want to use your Aadhar or driving license to generate an ABHA card, you can generate the health ID using your mobile number. Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for an ABHA card from a mobile number.
- Visit the government website and proceed with the ‘Generate ID’ option.
- Choose the ‘Click here’ option under the message ‘I don’t have any IDs.’ You can also see the message ‘I don’t want to use my IDs for creating ABHA.’
- Now enter your mobile number in the displaying window and enter the OTP you received for verification.
- Proceed and enter your personal details.
- At this stage, you can also choose your username and password.
- Log in to the website using your generated credentials, and submit your address details.
- Your ABHA card will be generated within seconds, and you can download it for further use.
These are some ways you can use to apply for an ABHA card. We recommend using your Aadhar card to generate your health ID from the website if you want instant verification. You can follow the exact same steps to apply for an ABHA health card from mobile apps. The entire process is simple and requires a few minutes.
How do I Get ABHA Card?
There are numerous ways to apply for an ABHA card, but the easiest way is to sign-up for it using your Aadhar card. Visit the official government website (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/) and proceed with the ‘Create ABHA Number’ option. Choose the ‘Use Aadhar’ option, and follow the steps that keep displaying in the following windows. You will get your ABHA card generated within minutes, and you can also download it instantly for future use.
Is it Mandatory to Get an ABHA Card?
No, the government has not made it mandatory to get an ABHA card. However, if you want to eliminate the hassle of maintaining and securely storing all physical healthcare documents, you should sign-up for an ABHA card. This digital health ID will make it easier to share accurate healthcare reports with your healthcare provider, improving your chances of receiving the proper treatment.
Who is Eligible for ABHA Card?
Every Indian citizen is eligible to apply for an ABHA card. This unique 14-digit health ID is meant to make quality healthcare services easily accessible to all. Many people find it challenging to store, maintain, and carry all healthcare documents in physical form, often preventing doctors from getting a clear view of the patient’s health condition. If you want to avoid this problem, the ABHA card is for you.
How to Download ABHA Card?
Once you have generated your ABHA card, you can download the same from the official government website (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/). You have to log in to this website using the credentials you generated while applying for the health ID. Once you are logged in, you will get an option to download the ABHA card. The website is easy to navigate, so you can easily find the download option.