The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) is an insurance scheme of the Government of India that provides health insurance coverage to economically weaker sections of society. PMJAY helps people access quality healthcare services and cover their hospitalisation costs, thereby reducing both their financial and physical hardship. The scheme is available for all citizens of India, irrespective of their income level or geographical area. Let’s take a look at how to register for PMJAY.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration (PMJAY Registration)
The Indian government introduced the major healthcare initiative, Ayushman Bharat Yojana, aka Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, or PMJAY, in 2018. It strives to give underprivileged groups adequate monetary security and medical care. After completing the Ayushman Bharat registration process, prospective beneficiaries can take advantage of free healthcare for secondary and tertiary hospitalisation up to Rs. 5 lakhs per household per year through this program.
This initiative provides medical facilities to people who formerly weren't able to afford them and reaches more than ten crore families nationwide. Eligible families and individuals must sign up for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana to receive the perks associated with the program. PMJAY registration is very straightforward and is available both offline and online. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana has helped us revolutionise the healthcare industry and brought much-needed help to the weaker and poorer segments of the population.
How to Apply for PMJAY Card or Ayushman Bharat Yojana Registration?
It's easy for you to register for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana and to submit an application for a PMJAY card. You can complete your registration via both offline and online processes. Eligible people must browse the PMJAY website and complete an online application by entering their Aadhar card number, mobile number, and other relevant data.
You may register offline at the closest CSC (Common Service Centre) or established hospital as a last resort. This Ayushman Bharat registration procedure is entirely free of charge, and once an applicant gets accepted, they are allowed to enjoy the program's perks. After PMJAY registration, applicants receive a welcome kit that contains an Ayushman Bharat card and other details. Once the application is received, applicants must wait for a response from the authorities. After their application is processed and approved, they can use the PMJAY card for free healthcare services.
Online PMJAY Registration Procedure
You must practice the following steps to finish online PMJAY registration online, and it goes as follows:
- Step 1: Go to the PMJAY official website. You must tap the "Am I Eligible?" button to check your eligibility for this program.
- Step 2: Select the 'Register' icon on the main page when you become eligible, and it will redirect you to a different webpage.
- Step 3: Input your Aadhaar id on this new screen and press "Generate OTP." Your registered mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card shall receive an OTP.
- Step 4: Type this OTP and press the "Submit" button. It will validate your Aadhaar information.
- Step 5: After your Aadhaar validation is complete, you'll have to provide the essential details, including name, age, sex, and residence.
- Step 6: You must upload all the necessary paperwork, including your income certification, Aadhaar card, and other pertinent documents.
- Step 7: You must read over the information, then press the "Submit" key.
- Step 8: Following submission, you'll receive an SMS with a registration number in your provided cell phone number.
- Step 9: If your application is approved, the relevant officials will verify it and award the qualified beneficiary a PMJAY card.
Offline PMJAY Registration Procedure
Likewise, eligible persons may enrol for PMJAY offline in addition to the Ayushman Bharat registration online procedure. You must carry out the following steps to complete offline PMJAY registration:
- Step 1: Go to your local CSC, i.e., Common Service Centre or affiliated hospital closest to you.
- Step 2: You must present your Aadhaar card and any other required documentation, including your income and caste certificates and, if needed, a disability certification.
- Step 3: The authorised representatives of the hospitals or CSCs will help you fill out the application for registration and check your paperwork.
- Step 4: After verifying all the records, the officials will forward your application for additional processing.
- Step 5: If your application gets approved, the relevant authorities will verify it and present the qualified beneficiary with a PMJAY card.
Candidates must understand that no fees are associated with the online or offline PMJAY registration procedures, and you won't get any payment requests or charges throughout the registration procedure. All applicants must submit the relevant paperwork solely.
Also, they must act as instructed by the authorised staff at the healthcare facility or CSC to which they have been assigned. By following the program's instructions and regulations, application candidates can effectively register for PMJAY and use the program's benefits without incurring unnecessary costs.
Documents or Certificates Required for PMJAY Registration
The PMJAY or Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration process requires eligible persons to submit thorough documentation and certificates confirming their identification, address, and income. These records assist in confirming the applicant's qualification for the program. Following is the list of the paperwork you'll require for PMJAY or Ayushman Bharat registration:
- Aadhaar Card: A virtual proof one requires for PMJAY registration is an Aadhaar card. It acts as an identification card as well as address evidence. You must link your mobile number to the Aadhaar card to get notifications regarding the registration progress or Ration Card can also be used for enrollment. It presents evidence of both the family's size and income. You may present any additional paperwork, including a voter ID card, driver's license, or passport when you don't hold a ration card.
- Income Certificate: You must carry an income certificate to assess an applicant's suitability for the Ayushman card registration online. The Tehsildar or another appropriate official is responsible for issuing the certificate.
- Hospital records: Candidates currently in a healthcare facility may offer their hospital records as evidence of their sickness, which may include a discharge summary, prescription medication, or a doctor's report.
- Caste Certificate: Applicants who come under the SC, ST, or OBC categories need to present their caste certificate to receive the advantages of this program. The relevant authority must issue the official document.
- Additional paperwork: You may alternatively produce a bank passbook, pension certificate, or insurance policy as additional proof of income.
Beneficiaries may utilise the program's benefits at any healthcare institution approved for enrollment once registered. It's crucial to remember that the necessary documentation may change based on the state or Union Territory. This depends on where the applicant resides. Thus, you must examine the PMJAY website or contact the closest accredited hospital for the credentials needed for registration.
PMJAY is a program the Indian government initiated to offer financial security and medical facilities to the impoverished and financially weaker segments of society. The plan after PMJAY online registration intends to guarantee that nobody's family has to suffer because of financial limitations in acquiring excellent healthcare by offering complimentary medical care and insurance protection up to Rs. 5 lakhs per household.
Eligible persons can take advantage of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration online or offline process to protect themselves and their families from any such medical emergency. It is crucial for all citizens to stay aware of the program's advantages and to assist it in any manner they can to guarantee that the program meets its intended recipients and achieves its goals.4
Is there a maximum age limit to receive PMJAY perks?
No, there's no such age limit for claiming PMJAY incentives. Any qualified person can register and receive services under the program, regardless of age. However, people aged 60 years and above can avail of additional benefits such as free travel to seek treatment at empanelled hospitals.
Does PMJAY only apply to hospitals run by government agencies?
No, PMJAY covers both public and private hospitals. The recipients receive cashless care from the hospitals appointed under the program. They are required to book an appointment with the hospital through their PMJAY ID card. Hospitals provide cashless treatment as the package rate determined by the government for PMJAY is reimbursed directly to them.
If I don't possess an Aadhaar card, can I still register for PMJAY?
No, all individuals must carry their Aadhaar card as it's imperative for registering with PMJAY. Before signing up for the program, you must apply for an Aadhaar card if you still need one. However, if you cannot link your Aadhaar card to the PMJAY registration form, you can provide Alternative Identity Documents which PMJAY accepts. These include PAN Cards, Voter ID and Ration cards. Ensure the documents you present are valid and have not expired to complete the registration. Once all documents are verified, you will receive your PMJAY card, allowing you to avail yourself of the scheme's benefits.